Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Job!

So, I had an interview and a PT test today for Akal Security. I had to do 9 men push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and run a mile in 12 minutes! I am a smoker whose idea of working out is mowing the yard. I was told one day in advance. Let me tell you, running a mile in 12 minutes is the hardest thing that I have ever done. I had three great people there running with me and encouraging me to do it. And I did! I have training that starts on the 24ht and will now work what my husband always hated doing. Gate Guard!!!!!!! I just say for the money that I am making, I can suck it up and deal. I am so excited and could of never done it without my friends. They have reminded me that there are people out there who will be there for you no matter. what. They are a part of our family. Jose and Christina were running next to me telling me I could do it when I wanted to give up. Naomi was on the sidelines do to an injury yelling me on. I could here her all the way across the track. SO, I now have a great job and great friends and life is finally looking up.

1 comment:

naomi said...

Hi Dawna!!! Had to move my comment to this blog... still learning this stuff. I just wanted to tell you that I am sooooo proud of you. You rocked that run. See you in the AM for our morning joe. :)